South Carolina H3140 would legalize medical marijuana in the state, effectively nullifying the federal prohibition on the same.
STATUS: H3140 was referred to the House Judiciary Committee, where it needs to pass by majority vote before the full house can consider it.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support H3140.
1. Call the House Judiciary Committee Chair, Greg Delleney. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on H3140.
James Smith (R) Vice Chair (803) 212-6925
Chris Murphy (D) Vice Chair (803) 734-2997
Beth Bernstein (D) (803) 212-6940
Kirkman Finlay (R) (803) 212-6943
Stephen Goldfinch (R) (803) 212-6927
Ralph Shealy Kennedy (R) (803) 212-6938
Joe McEachern (D) (803) 212-6875
Dennis Moss (R) (803) 734-3073
Weston Newton (R) (803) 212-6810
Rick Quinn (R) (803) 212-6897
Eddie Tallon (R) (803) 212-6893
J. David Weeks (D) (803) 734-3102
Donna Hicks (R) (803) 212-6878
Bruce Bannister (R) (803) 734-3138
Doug Brannon (R) (803) 212-6876
Laurie Slade Funderburk (D) (803) 734-3044
Jenny Anderson Horne (R) (803) 212-6871
Peter McCoy (R) (803) 212-6872
Walton McLeod (D) (803) 734-3276
Wendy Nanney (R) (803) 212-6877
Mandy Powers Norrell (D) (803) 212-6937
J. Todd Rutherford (D) (803) 734-9441
Anne J. Thayer (R) (803) 212-6889
J. Seth Whipper (D) (803) 734-3191
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. Pitch in and help us grow our efforts!