Alaska SB8 would legalize industrial hemp for production within the state of Alaska, effectively thwarting the federal prohibition on the same. It passed out of the Senate Resources committee and moves to the Judiciary committee.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS to support this bill.
1. Call the Senate Judiciary Committee Chair, Lesil McGuire. Strongly, but respectfully urge her to move this important bill forward to a vote in her committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB8.
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. Pitch In & Help Us Grow. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate