Florida H271 would legalize industrial hemp for production, effectively thwarting the federal prohibition on the same. It must pass through the Agriculture & Natural Resources Subcommittee before it can receive a full vote and be approved.
1. Call the Agriculture & Natural Resources Subcommittee Chair, Tom Goodson. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
Tom Goodson: (850) 717-5050
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB271.
Jake Rayburn (R) Vice Chair (850) 717-5057
Katie Edwards (D) Democratic Ranking Member (850) 717-5098
Jim Boyd (R) (850) 717-5071
Neil Combee (R) (850) 717-5039
Brad Drake (R) (850) 717-5005
Bobby DuBose (D) (850) 717-5094
Larry Lee Jr. (D) (850) 717-5084
Ray Pilon (R) (850) 717-5072
Jimmie Smith (R) (850) 717-5034
Cyndi Stevenson (R) (850) 717-5017
Jennifer Sullivan (R) (850) 717-5031
Clovis Watson (D) (850) 717-5020
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. Pitch in and help us grow our efforts. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate