Florida SB902 would legalize industrial hemp for production within the state of Florida, effectively blocking the federal prohibition on the same. It passed the Senate Agriculture Committee 7-0, and the Criminal Justice Committee 5-0. It must now pass the Senate Regulated Industries Committee.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS to support this bill.
1. Call the Senate Regulated Industries Committee Chair, Rob Bradley. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move these important bills forward to votes in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move these bills forward and vote YES on SB902.
Gwen Margolis (D) Vice Chair (850) 487-5035
Joseph Abruzzo (D) (850) 487-5025
Aaron Bean (R) (850) 487-5004
Oscar Braynon (D) (850) 487-5036
Miguel Diaz de la Portilla (R) (850) 487-5040
Anitere Flores (R) (850) 487-5037
Jack Latvala (R) (850) 487-5020
Joe Negron (R) (850) 487-5032
Garrett Richter (R) (850) 487-5023
Maria Lorts Sachs (D) (850) 487-5034
Kelli Stargel (R) (850) 487-5015
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. SPREAD THE WORD. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. PITCH IN AND HELP US GROW. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate