Louisiana HB6 would legalize medical marijuana, effectively thwarting the federal prohibition on the same. It must pass successfully through the House Health and Welfare Committee before it can receive a full vote. Take the following steps to support the bill.
1. Call the House Health and Welfare Committee Chair, Scott Simon. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move HB6 forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB6.
Frank Hoffman (R) Vice Chair (318)362-4130
Andy Anders (D) (318)336-5865
Regina Barrow (D) (225)359-9400
Richard Burford (R) (318)925-9588
Kenny Cox (D) (855)844-8583
AB Franklin (D) (337)491-2320
Lance Harris (R) (318)767-6095
Kenneth Havard (R) (225)634-7470
Bob Hensgens (R) (337)893-5035
Dorothy Sue Hill (D) (800)259-2118
Katrina Jackson (D) (318)362-5123
Bernard LeBas (D) (337)363-0152
Jay Morris (R) (318)362-4270
Rogers Pope (R) (225)667-3588
Julie Stokes (R) (504)468-8603
Lenar Whitney (R) (985)858-2970
Patrick Williams (D) (318)676-5990
Thomas Willmott (R) (504)465-3479
Chuck Kleckley (R) (337)475-3016
Walt Leger (D) (504)556-9970
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. SPREAD THE WORD. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. PITCH IN AND HELP US GROW. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate