LD1401 would legalize marijuana for recreational use. It must pass through the Joint Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee before the bill can receive a full vote in the state legislature. Take the following action steps to support this important bill.
1. Call the Joint Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee Co-Chairs, Kimberley Rosen and Lori Fowle. Strongly, but respectfully urge them to move this important bill forward to a vote in their committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
Rosen: (207) 944-9179
Fowle: (207) 649-4863
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on LD1401.
David Burns (R) (207) 287-1505
Stan Gerzofsky (D) (207) 373-1328
Michael Lajoie (D) (207) 713-7119
Justin Chenette (D) (207) 590-3266
Catherine Nadeau (D) (207) 557-1587
James Davitt (D) (207) 862-8113
Charlotte Warren (D) (207) 441-9116
Ricky Long (R) (207) 267-1828
Karen Gerrish (R) (207) 651-5452
Timothy Theriault (R) (207) 649-4434
Michael Timmons (R) (207) 653-9783
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. Pitch in and help us grow our efforts. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate