Maryland HB803 would authorize the farming, production, and commerce of industrial hemp, effectively stopping the long-standing federal prohibition on the same. It has been referred to the Committee on House Environment and Transportation, and a hearing has been scheduled. This bill needs your help to move forward. Attend the hearing and call committee members voicing your support for HB803.
1. Call the committee chair. Politely urge him to vote YES to send it to the House floor.
Kumar Barve 410-841-3990 | 301-858-3990
2. Call all the other committee members. Strongly, but respectfully, urge each of them to vote YES on HB803.
Dana Stein 410-841-3527
Carl Anderton 301-858-3431 | 410-841-3431
Pamala Beidle 410-841-3370 | 301-858-3370
Alfred Carr 301-858-3638
Andrew Cassily 301-858-3444 | 410-841-3444
Robert Flanagan 301-858-3077 | 410-841-3077
David Fraser Hidalgo 410-841-3186 | 301-858-3186
Barbara Frush 301-572-4042
Jim Gilchrist 410-841-3744 | 301-858-3744
Anne Healey 410-841-3961 | 301-858-3961
Marvin Holmes 301-858-3310
Jay Jacobs 410-841-3449
Tony Knotts 410-841-3212 | 301-858-3212
Stephen Lafferty 410-841-3487 | 301-858-3487
Clarence Lam 410-841-3205 | 301-858-3205
Cory McCray 410-841-3486 | 301-858-3486
Anthony O’Donnell 410-326-0081
Charles Otto 410-621-0200
Shane Robinson 410-841-3021 | 301-858-3021
Kathy Szeliga 410-841-3698 | 301-858-3698
Cathy Vitale 410-841-3510 | 301-858-3510
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Attend the Hearing. Show your support or give testimony by attending the scheduled hearing for HB803 on March 4th at 1pm. The address is:
House Office Building, Room 251
Annapolis, MD 21401
5. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
6. Pitch in and help us grow our efforts. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate