Sixty-three percent of voters approved Question 3 on November 6, 2012. The law took effect on January 1, 2013. It eliminates statewide criminal and civil penalties related to the possession and use of up to a 60-day supply of cannabis by qualified patients who possess a “valid registration card” issued by the state.
For 2015, H1561 has been introduced, which would legalize both recreational marijuana and industrial hemp. It has been referred to the House Judiciary committee where it needs to pass before the full House can consider it.
1. Call the committee chair. Politely urge him to move the bill forward in their committee and to vote YES to send it to the House floor. Remember that a call is 10x more effective than an e-mail so please call.
John Fernandez 617-722-2396 John.Fernandes@mahouse.gov
2. Call all the other committee members. Strongly, but respectfully, urge each of them to vote YES on H1561. Remember that a call is 10x more effective than an e-mail so please call.
Claire Cronin 617-722-2396 Claire.Cronin@mahouse.gov
Colleen Garry 617-722-2380 Colleen.Garry@mahouse.gov
John Velis 617-722-2582 firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Day 617-722-2425 Michael.Day@mahouse.gov
Paul Tucker 617-722-2425 Paul.Tucker@mahouse.gov
James Lyons 617-722-2014 James.Lyons@mahouse.gov
Jeffrey Roy 617-722-2020 Jeffrey.Roy@mahouse.gov
Evandro Carvalho 617-722-2396 Evandro.Carvalho@mahouse.gov
Carlos Gonzales 617-722-2425 Carlos.Gonzalez@mahouse.gov
Sheila Harrington 617-722-2305 Sheila.Harrington@mahouse.gov
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. SPREAD THE WORD. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. PITCH IN AND HELP US GROW. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate