Florida S902 would legalize industrial hemp for production within the state of Florida, effectively thwarting the federal prohibition on the same. It passed the Agriculture Committee 7-0, the Criminal Justice Committee 5-0, and the Regulated Industries Committee 8-4. It must now pass the Appropriations committee before going to the full Senate.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS to support this bill.
1. Call the Senate Appropriations Committee Chair. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
Tom Lee (850) 487-5024
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to vote YES on S902.
Lizbeth Benacquisto (850) 487-5030
Thad Altman (850) 487-5016
Anitere Flores (850) 487-5037
Don Gaetz (850) 487-5001
Bill Galvano (850) 487-5026
Rene Garcia (850) 487-5038
Denise Grimsley (850) 487-5021
Alan Hays (850) 487-5011
Dorothy L. Hukill (850) 487-5008
Arthenia L. Joyner (850) 487-5019
Jack Latvala (850) 487-5020
Gwen Margolis (850) 487-5035
Bill Montford (850) 487-5003
Joe Negron (850) 487-5032
Garrett Richter (850) 487-5023
Jeremy Ring (850) 487-5029
David Simmons (850) 487-5010
Christopher L. Smith (850) 487-5031
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. Pitch in and help us grow our efforts. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate