New Hampshire HB494 would legalize industrial hemp for production. It passed through the state House with an ‘Ought to Pass’ vote on March 11. The bill must now pass through the Senate Judiciary Committee successfully before the full state Senate can consider it. Take the following action steps to help this important bill to success.
1. Call the Senate Judiciary Committee Chair, Sharon Carson. Strongly, but respectfully urge her to move this important bill forward to a vote in her committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB494.
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. Pitch in and help us grow. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate