Governor Bill Richardson signed Senate Bill 523, “Lynn and Erin Compassionate Use Act,” into law on April 2, 2007.
In 2015, HB160 and SJR2 would give New Mexico a chance to fully legalize marijuana. HB160 must pass through the House Agriculture, Water & Wildlife Committee, and SJR2 must pass through the Judiciary Committee after passing the Rules Committee 5-4 on 02-12-15.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HB160 and SJR2.
1. Call the Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Richard C. Martinez. Be strong, but respectful. Urge him to support SJR2 and move the bill forward in his committee – and let the PEOPLE have the final say on this issue. If he won’t commit to a YES vote, ask him why.
2. Call all the other members of the Committee. Be strong but respectful. Ask them each for a YES vote on SJR2 – and let the PEOPLE have the final say on this issue. Again, make sure to contact them with a phone call rather than an email.
Joseph Cervantes (575) 526-5600
Ron Griggs (575) 439-1331
Linda M. Lopez (505) 831-4148
Cisco McSorley (505) 266-0588
John C. Ryan (505) 238-3733
Michael S. Sanchez (505) 865-0688
Lisa A. Torraco (505) 244-0530
Peter Wirth (505) 988-1668
William H. Payne (505) 986-4702
1. Call the Chair of the House Agriculture, Water & Wildlife Committee, Candy Spence Ezzell. Be strong, but respectful. Urge her to support HB160 and move the bill forward in her committee. If she won’t commit to a YES vote, ask her why.
2. Call all the other members of the Committee. Again, be strong but respectful. Ask them each for a YES vote on HB160. If they say they’re opposed, ask them why. Make sure to contact them with a phone call rather than an email.
Andy Nunez (R) Vice Chair 505-986-4210
Paul Bandy (R) 505-986-4211
Randal Crowder (R) 505-986-4210
George Dodge (D) 505-986-4227
Bealquin Bill Gomez (D) 505-986-4221
Bobby Gonzales (R) 505-986-4438
Dona Irwin (D) 505-986-4215
Bill McCamley (D) 505-986-4436
Bob Wooley (R) 505-986-4454
- Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
- Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
- Pitch in and help us grow our efforts. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate