STATUS: HB830 passed the House 104-41 on 04-23 and now must pass through the Senate Agriculture, Food Production, and Outdoor Resources committee. SB255 passed that committee previously and moves to the Senate floor. Take the following action steps to support these important bills.
1. Call the Senate Agriculture, Food Production and Outdoor Resources Committee Chair, Brian Munzlinger. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB830.
Doug Libla (R) Vice Chair (573) 751-4843
Dan Brown (R) (573) 751-5713
Dan Hegeman (R) (573) 751-1415
Mike Parson (R) (573) 751-8793
David Pearce (R) (573) 751-2272
S. Kiki Curls (D) (573) 751-3158
Jason Holsman (D) (573) 751-6607
1. Call your state senator. Strongly, but respectfully urge them to support SB255. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email, so make sure to take a few minutes to call.
Find your legislators’ information here: http://openstates.org/find_your_legislator
– Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
– Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
– Pitch in and help us grow our efforts. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate