Rhode Island H6177 would legalize industrial hemp for production. It passed in the House on June 18 by a 59-11 vote. The bill must pass through the Senate Judiciary Committee successfully before it can proceed. Take the following action steps to help this important bill to success.
1. Call the Senate Judiciary Committee Chair, Michael J. McCaffrey. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move these bills forward and vote YES on H6177.
Paul V. Jabour (D) Vice Chair (401) 751-3300
Erin P. Lynch (D) Secretary (401) 739-8500
Stephen R. Archambault (D) (401) 276-5589
William J. Conley, Jr. (D) (401) 438-1924
Mark W. Gee (R) (401) 222-9911
Frank S. Lombardi (D) (401) 453-3900
Harold M. Metts (D) (401) 272-0112
Donna M. Nesselbush (D) (401) 728-3244
Leonidas P. Raptakis (D) (401) 397-2720
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. Pitch in and help us grow our efforts. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate