Rhode Island H6177 would legalize industrial hemp for production and commerce, effectively thwarting the federal prohibition on the same. It must pass through the House Health, Education and Welfare before it can receive a full vote in the state House.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS to support H6177.
1. Call the House Health, Education and Welfare Committee Chair, Joseph M. McNamara. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on H6177.
Samuel A. Azzinaro (D) Vice Chair (401) 596-1434
Grace Diaz (D) (401) 575-3641
Dennis M. Canario (D) (401) 683-4926
Marvin L. Abney (D) (401) 487-1380
Mia A. Ackerman (D) (401) 658-0981
Gregg Amore (D) (401) 339-9378
David A. Bennett (D) (401)737-0562
Arthur J. Corvese (D) (401) 353-8695
Kathleen A. Fogarty (D) (401) 782-1919
Arthur Handy (D) (401) 785-8996
Robert B. Lancia (R) (401) 944-3315
Shelby Maldonado (D) (401) 340-8833
James N. McLaughlin (D) (401) 333-4946
Michael Morin (D) 401-265-0910
Justin Price (R) (401) 222-2259
J. Aaron Regunberg (D) (401) 263-7770
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. Pitch in and help us grow our efforts. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate