Texas HB1322 would legalize industrial hemp for production. It must pass through the House Agriculture & Livestock Committee successfully before it can receive a full vote in the state House. Take the following action steps to support this important bill.
1. Call the House Agriculture & Livestock Committee Chair, Tracy King. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB1322.
Doc Anderson (R) Vice Chair (512) 463-0135
Jon Cryier (R) (512) 463-0682
Mary Gonzalez (D) (512) 463-0613
Matt Rinaldi (R) (512) 463-0468
David Simpson (R) (512) 463-0750
Drew Springer (R) (512) 463-0526
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. Pitch in and help us grow our efforts. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate