Washington SB5012 would legalize industrial hemp for farming, commerce and production, effectively thwarting the federal ban on the same. SB5012 was passed unanimously through the state Senate on Feb. 4. It must now pass through the House Appropriations Committee before the full state House can approve the bill.
TAKE THE FOLLOWING STEPS to support this important legislation:
1. Call the House Appropriations Committee Chair, Ross Hunter. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB5012.
Timm Ormsby (D) Vice Chair (360) 786-7946
Bruce Chandler (R) (360) 786-7960
Kevin Parker (R) (360) 786-7922
JT Wilcox (R) (360) 786-7912
Vincent Buys (R) (360) 786-7854
Reuven Carlyle (D) (360) 786-7814
Eileen Cody (D) (360) 786-7978
Cary Condotta (R) (360) 786-7954
Tom Dent (R) (360) 786-7932
Hans Dunshee (D) (360) 786-7804
Susan Fagan (R) (360) 786-7942
Larry Haler (R) (360) 786-7986
Drew Hansen (D) (360) 786-7842
Zack Hudgins (D) (360) 786-7956
Sam Hunt (D) (360) 786-7992
Graham Hunt (R) (360) 786-7824
Laurie Jinkins (D) (360) 786-7930
Ruth Kagi (D) (360) 786-7910
Kristine Lytton (D) (360) 786-7800
Drew MacEwen (R) (360) 786-7902
Chad Magendanz (R) (360) 786-7876
Eric Pettigrew (D) (360) 786-7838
David Sawyer (D) (360) 786-7906
Joe Schmick (R) (360) 786-7844
Tana Senn (D) (360) 786-7894
Larry Springer (D) (360) 786-7822
Drew Stokesbary (R) (360) 786-7846
Pat Sullivan (D) (360) 786-7858
David Taylor (R) (360) 786-7874
Steve Tharinger (D) (360) 786-7904
Luanne Van Werven (R) (360) 786-7980
Brady Walkinshaw (D) (360) 786-7826
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. SPREAD THE WORD. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. PITCH IN AND HELP US GROW. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate