West Virginia HB2807 would expand on the current state law authorizing hemp farming for research purposes by authorizing licenses to farm for commercial purposes, effectively stopping the federal ban on the same. HB2807 is in the House Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee where it will need to pass through successfully before it can receive a full vote in the state house. Take these action steps to support the bill.
1. Call the House Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee Co-Chairs, Allen Evans and Bill Hamilton. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
Evans: (304) 340-3399
Hamilton: (304) 340-3167
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB2807.
William Romine (R) Vice Chair (304) 340-3226
George Ambler (R) Vice Chair (304) 340-3129
Jeff Eldridge (D) Minority Chair (304) 340-3113
Dana Lynch (D) Minority Chair (304) 340-3916
Linda Goode Phillips (D) Minority Vice Chair (304) 340-3163
Nancy Peoples Guthrie (D) Minority Vice Chair (304) 340-3156
Bill Anderson (R) (304) 340-3168
Anna Border-Sheppard (R) (304) 340-3136
Scott Cadle (R) (304) 340-3118
Ray Canterbury (R) (304) 340-3131
Roy Cooper (R) (304) 340-3119
Michael Folk (R) (304) 340-3350
Woody Ireland (R) (304) 340-3195
Carol Miller (R) (304) 340-3176
Randy Smith (R) (304) 340-3396
Amy Summers (R) (304) 340-3139
Danny Wagner (R) (304) 340-3398
Mike Zatezalo (R) (304) 340-3120
Denise Campbell (D) (304) 340-3145
Shawn Fluharty (D) (304) 340-3270
Ralph Rodighiero (D) (304) 340-3297
Harry Keith White (D) (304) 340-3304
Larry Williams (D) (304) 340-3160
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. Pitch in and help us grow our efforts. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate