Wisconsin AB215 would legalize industrial hemp for production and commerce, effectively thwarting the unconstitutional federal prohibition on the same. The bill must pass through the House State Affairs and Government Operations Committee successfully before it can proceed.
1. Call the House State Affairs and Government Operations Committee Chair, Rob Swearingen. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move these bills forward and vote YES on AB215.
David Craig (R) Vice Chair (608) 266-3363
John Jagler (R) (608) 266-9650
Janel Brandtjen (R) (608) 267-2367
Joel Kleefisch (R) (608) 266-8551
Bob Gannon (R) (608) 264-8486
Keith Ripp (R) (608) 266-3404
Bob Kulp (R) (608) 267-028
Gary Tauchen (R) (608) 266-3097
Tyler Vorpagel (R) (608) 266-8530
JoCasta Zamarripa (D) (608) 267-7669
Christine Sinicki (D) (608) 266-8588
Robb Kahl (D) (608) 266-8570
Todd Ohnstad (D) (608) 266-0455
Jonathan Brostoff (D) (608) 266-0650
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
4. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.
5. Pitch in and help us grow our efforts. Help our efforts to end the War on Drugs and to bring peace on our streets: http://peaceonourstreets.com/donate